Cotton Boll & Consumer Judging
The Consumer Decision Making Contest teaches 4-H'ers how to observe, compare and make decisions based on facts collected. It also provides experience in organizing thoughts and defending decisions with oral reasons. In this contest, 4-H'erslearn to rank articles or products over others based on standards and quality, 4-H'ers will evaluate consumer items and tell why they think one is better than the other.
Who: 7th-12th Grade
- Judge four classes of items and give oral reason on one class.
- Give a 2 minute or less speech PSA (Public Service Announcement) about cotton. Be creative. No visuals allowed. Costumes may be used.
Cost: $10. (included supplies, transportation to the competition, insurance, and a team competition shirt.)
2016 Practice Dates
Practices are held at the Evans County Extension Office
- Oct. 6th: Meeting from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the 4-H office.
- Oct. 21st: Official Training Clinic from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Nov. 2: Competition in Toombs County.
Online Interactive Practice