4-H Youth Development
What is Georgia 4-H
Georgia 4-H is a program of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Extension System. 4-H is part of a nationwide Extension network.
Georgia 4-H is all about exploring, discovering, encouraging and challenging.
Evans County 4-H assists youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. 4-H'ers learn through hands on learning experiences. These experiences focus on agricultural and environmental issues thru awareness, leadership, communication skills, food, nutrition, health, energy, conservation, and citizenship.
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking, my Heart to greater loyalty, my Hands to larger service, and my Health to better living, for my club, my community, my country and my world.
What does the 4-H Pledge mean?
- Head to clearer thinking: problem solving, communication skills, decision making.
- Heart to greater loyalty: relationship and character building, respecting self and others.
- Hands to larger service: serving others, career preparation, hands-on learning.
- Health to better living: forming healthy habits, managing stress and change.
4-H Club Meetings
- Cloverleaf (grades 4 - 6) - 4-H meetings are held each month from September through April. Our 4-H staff meet “in-school” with 4th - 6th grades in Evans County. Curriculum focuses on healthy lifestyles, safety, citizenship, character education, and public speaking.
- Junior (grades 7 & 8) - 4-H Meetings are held monthly during school for 7th & 8th grades by call out for students interested in 4-H. We will meet during times listed on the schedule, the months of September – April. Junior 4-H'ers are also invited to join the Junior/Senior meetings that are held each month at night at the 4-H Office. Curriculum focuses on communication skills, leadership, citizenship, character education and career readiness.
- Senior (grades 9-12) - Senior club meetings are held once a month at night. Curriculum focuses on public speaking, character education, leadership and citizenship.
4-H Club Meeting Schedule
Evans County 4-H invites you to our Band App, the app used to effieciently mangage groups and communities
Check out the below link to join now:
Or scan/screenshot the QR Code below:
4-H Core Programs, Events and Activities
School Meetings! Check the schedules above to find your 4-H meeting schedule.