Soil Samples are $10.00 per sample.
Soil sampling should be done well in advance of planting or spring green-up. This allows adequate time for sample analysis, data interpretation, and fertilizer and lime application.
- Soil Samples should be air dried overnight before sending to the lab.
Collect 8-10 samples from the location, sample to a depth of 4 inches. Combine all your samples. The required amount of soil for the test is 1 pint of soil. Bring your sample to the Extension Office for submission to the lab. We have soil sample mailing bags at our office.
Please contact the UGA Extension-Douglas County
office for more information: 770-920-7224
- W1 Basic Water test $25.00 requires 4 oz. of water
- W2 Expanded Water test $65.00 requires 16 oz. of water
Special Instructions for W1 and W2, a first draw water sample will be collected. To do this, take the sample between a 6-12 hour period during in which time there was no water usage. Early morning or evenings upon returning home are the best sampling times. A kitchen or bathroom cold water faucet is to be used for sampling.
- W33B - Home Loan Closing Water test: (Bacteria, Lead, Nitrite, and Nitrate) $95.00 ( $85.00 test & $10.00 overnight shipping label) Note: Special sampling instructions , please contact our office for more information. 770-920-7224
- E. Coli Bacteria Water test $46.00 ( pick up test kit from Douglas County Extension Office)
Other testing and analysis is available for additional fees. Such as:
- Insect Identification
- Plant Identification
- Expanded Soil
- Expanded Water