Green Industry Resources
- Conversion Tables, Formulas and Suggested Guidelines for Horticultural Use
- Environmental Checklist for Landscape Professionals (pdf)
- Starting a Greenhouse Business
- Suggested References and Resources for Landscape Professionals (pdf)
- Worker Protection Standard (WPS): How To Comply Manual for Agricultural Pesticides by U.S. EPA
- Worker Protection Standard (WPS) Quick Reference Guide by the U.S. EPA
- Arborist CEUs
- Arborist Certification
Pesticides Licensing Information
Pesticide Training videos may be checked out from our office as a supplement to your study materials. Call our office at 404-298-4080 to see if the study video is available for check out. Below are commercial licensing reference information.
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator Testing and Study Materials
- Licensed Pesticide Applicators in Georgia (check your license status online)
- Licensed Structural Pest Control Operators in Georgia
- Pesticide Applicator Re-Certification Courses (search for upcoming classes)
Private pesticide applicator tests are offered at our office. The class takes about 3 hours to complete. Call our office at 404-298-4080 to register to take the test.
- Private Pesticide License FAQ's
- Georgia Pest Management Handbook
- Registered Pesticide Products in Georgia
- Calibration Method for Sprayers
- MSDS/Pesticide Product Labels
- RUP/WPS/GA Record-Keeping Forms
- Restricted Use Pesticide Dealers in Georgia
Green Industry Partners
In order to present educational programs which will inform homeowners and landscape professionals with unbiased research information, UGA Extension DeKalb County office has partnered with the following industries:
The University of Georgia's Center for Urban Agriculture has developed an online, live, interactive training program that allows individuals to obtain re-certification credits from virtually anywhere. You will need a computer with internet access and speakers.
Did you know that the Georgia Department of Agriculture does not limit the number of hours that can be acquired by webinar!
TOPICS and SPEAKERS: Bermudagrass Stem Maggot in Georgia Hay Fields; Dr. Will Hudson, Department of Entomology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA; Biology and Management of Spotted Wing Drosophila; Dr. Ash Sial, Department of Entomology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
DATE and TIME: September 20 (2 h Cats. 21,24; 2 h Private):
Turfgrass Disease Control with Emphasis in IPM: Fall Activities; Dr. Alfredo Martinez, Department of Plant Pathology, University of Georgia, Griffin, GA; Peach Production in the Southeastern U.S. - Use of Green Technologies; Dr. Dario Chavez, Department of Horticulture, University of Georgia, Griffin, GA
Georgia Commercial & Private Applicator Credit: 2 h Cats 21, 22, 24, 27; 2 h PRIVATE
- 1-10 participants - $10.00 per person
- 11-20 participants - $7.50 per person
- 21-100 participants - $5.00 per person
- More than 100 pay a flat rate of $500
REGISTRATION (closes September 10, 2017 at noon): To register, go to http://gtbop.com/#pricing and click on the GREEN bar. If you have trouble navigating the process, contact Beth Horne at 770-228-7214. Once payment has been processed you are officially registered.
After Registration and Anytime BEFORE the day of the webinar: Go to http://gtbop.com/getting-ready/ using the computer you will use on the day of the webinar and execute the “Getting Ready Steps”.
On the MORNING OF the webinar:
- Whether you are watching ALONE or with a GROUP (a group is two or more) you are REQUIRED to complete and return a sign-in sheet to Beth Horne (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately after the webinar. Keep a copy for your records. The appropriate sign-in sheet can be found at http://gtbop.com/getting-ready/
- Sign into Collaborate by 7:40 AM U.S. East Coast Time:
- Watching by yourself? You MUST sign into Blackboard Collaborate with your FIRST and LAST NAME, or your name exactly as it appears on the sign-in sheet (NO abbreviations, nicknames, first or last names only, initials, etc.) We can only award CEUs if we can associate your Collaborate log-in name with the name as it appears on the sign-in sheet.
- Watching as a group of two or more? The appointed On-Site Facilitator MUST SIGN into Collaborate as "Company Name hyphen Location" (e.g., "Dan's Landscaping - Griffin").
What Others are Saying:
- "This was my first UGA webinar and I am really kicking myself for waiting so long to take advantage of it. It certainly will not be my last one!"
- "Great job!!! Best money spent.”
- “Very convenient. Thank you for making it possible."
- "As a first timer of the online course I will definitely recommend it to others."
- “This is my first webinar and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very informative. I am looking forward to the next one. Thank you.
Mark Your Calendar for Upcoming Webinars
November 15(2 h Cats. 21,24,27; 2 h Private):
Problem Weed Control in Turfgrass; Dr. Patrick McCullough, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, University of Georgia, Griffin, GA; Weed Control in Ornamentals; Dr. Mark Czarnota, Department of Horticulture, University of Georgia, Griffin, GA