Whether you'd like to increase your crop yield, grow healthier roses, test the quality of your drinking water, or make sure your creek isn't polluted, we can help.
Soil Testing $7
Soil bags are available at our office.
- A sample should be of an area less than 15 acres.
- Take soil from a minimum of 10 random locations in the sampled area and mix them together in a clean bucket.
- For trees and shrubs, take soil from six to eight spots around the dropline of the plants and mix.
- Areas that have been treated differently should be sampled separately.
- Areas where plants grow differently and/or the soil appears different should be sampled separately.
- Remove any surface litter such as thatch or mulch and sample a depth of 6 inches.
Water Testing (Basic) $20 and $5 shipping fee
There are many types of tests that can be ran on water samples. For a list different tests and their prices, please call us at (229) 248-3033.
Water sample bottles are available at our office.
- Collect sample from the kitchen faucet.
- Fill the bottle with the first flush of water that comes from the faucet.
- Ponds and streams should be sub-sampled at various depths and combined to create one sample.
These are some helpful publications links:
- Agricultural Services Laboratories
- Soil Test Publications & Tools
- Household Water Quality Publications