News and Events
- 4-H Open House and Ice Cream Social: Cobb 4-H is looking forward to a GREAT 2018-2019 school year! Come check out the exciting events, specialty clubs, and activities that we have to offer youth in grades K-12 during the upcoming school year all while cooling off with some ice cream at our 4-H Open House! Open House will be held on Thursday August 16th from 4:00pm-8:00pm. This is a drop in event at the Cobb County Extension Office. The Extension Office is located at 678 South Cobb Drive Marietta, GA 30060. Registration for 4-H and all specialty clubs will be available. Some clubs have limited spaces! For questions or inquires about the Open House or Cobb 4-H, please call our office at 770-528-4070. You can also check out our flyer for the event! Specialty clubs and events that will be featured include:
- County Council (4th-12th grade)
- Cloverbuds Club (K-3rd grade)
- Cooking Club (4th-12th grade)
- Family EFNEP Cooking Club (ages 13 and up with a parent)
- Horse and Pony Club (4th-12th grade)
- Archery Team (4th-12th grade)
- Shotgun Team (4th-12th grade)
- Young Farmers Club (4th-12th grade but younger sibilings are welcome!)
- Homeschool STEM Class (4th-6th grade)
- Project Achievement (4th-12th grade)
- Summer Camp (4th-12th grade)
Young Farmers Club
Are you interested in gardening, animals, and learning more about agriculture engineering in Cobb County? Join the Young Farmers Club sponsored by UGA Extension and Cobb County Farm Bureau! Meetings are open to 4th-12th grade students however younger sibilings are welcome. Meetings are held once a month on Wednesdays at the Cobb County Farm Bureau Office located at 2850 Powder Springs Rd SW Marietta, GA 30064 from 6:00pm- 7:30pm. Registration will open for the 2018-2019 Young Farmers Club at our 4-H Open House on Thursday August 16th.
Horse and Pony Club
The Cobb County 4-H Horse and Pony Club is looking for new members! You do not have to own a horse or a pony to be a member of this club. Open to 4th-12th grade students. Meetings are held monthly from 6:30pm-8:00pm at Stout Park located at 5315 Brownsville Rd Powder Springs, GA 30127. Once you enter the gates, drive down the path until you see the Big Blue Barn! Registration will open for the 2018-2019 Horse and Pony Club at our 4-H Open House on Thursday August 16th. Contact club leader Cassie McCollum at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2018-2019 Meeting Dates- September 11, October 9, November 13, December 11, January 15, February 12, March 12, April 16, and May 14
It's all about hands on science this Fall with the Cobb County 4-H Homeschool Club. Open to 4th-6th grade students. All meetings will be held from 10:00am-12:00pm at the Cobb County Extension Office located at 678 South Cobb Drive Marietta, GA 30060. Registration will open for the Fall Homeschool Club at our 4-H Open House on Thursday August 16th. Complete the brochure and mail your payment to the Extension Office beginning August 16th or complete your registration at 4-H Open House. To join the homeschool 4-H club listserve and to find out more information about this club, contact 4-H Progam Assistant Cassie McCollum at email@example.com
Fall Homeschool Club Meeting Dates- September 19, October 17, November 28, and December 19
Do you like cooking or would like to learn how to cook from scratch? Join our 4-H Cooking Club for the Fall 2018 semester. This club is open to 4th-12th grade students. Club meetings are once a month on a Tuesday from 6:00pm-8:00pm. The cost is $25 per semester. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis begining at our 4-H Open House on August 16th.
Fall Cooking Club Meeting Dates- September 18, October 16, November 27, and December 18
EFNEP Family Cooking Club
Do you like cooking but also like to cook on a dime? Do you enjoy spending time with your family in the kitchen? Want to learn how to make a healthy dish all while saving money? Join our very first EFNEP Family Cooking Club for the Fall 2018 semester. Take our EFNEP eight week course to learn how to cook with your family on a budget. Meetings will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00pm-8:00pm from August to October at the Cobb County Extension Office. Youth must be 13 years or older and accompanied by a parent. The cost is $25 per family per semester. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis begining at our 4-H Open House on August 16th.
Fall EFNEP Family Cooking Club Meeting Dates- August 22, August 29, September 5, September 12, September 19, September 26, October 3, and October 10
The Cobb County 4-H Archery team will enter its third season during the 2018-2019 school year. 4th-12th grade students are eligible to compete with the archery team. The team members are also members of Kennesaw Archery Club (KAC). Archers will shoot compound or recurve bows depending on preference. Students may bring their own equipment or rent a equipment weekly from KAC for $5 per practice. Membership dues and additional KAC fees will be discussed at the interest meeting in the fall. The archery team will resume practices for the 2018-2019 school year in September/October. The team will compete at various tournaments and competitions.
2018-2019 Interest Team Meeting Information Sheet will be available soon!
The Cobb County 4-H Shotgun team will enter its third season during the 2018-2019 school year. Open to 7th-12th grade youth. The team shoots trap and skeet and sporting clays. An interest meeting will be held in January 2019 for the new season. The season ranges from February to May culminating with the state competition in Savannah the last weekend of May. Any youth that are interested in joining the team for the 2018-2019 school year, please contact 4-H Agent Brittani Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.