Every camp offers great adventure, friendship and fun, and all seek to develop the camper's Head, Heart, Hands and Health to make him or her a better person. Charlton County 4-H is excited to announce will be heading to ROCK EAGLE, June 4-8, 2018 for cloverleaf camp! Children who have completed the third or fourth grade may attend, but all Cloverleaf Campers must be 9-years-old on or before their first day of camp. Spaces are still available but hurry, they are going fast. Cost $350.
Summer 4-H Programs are taking SHAPE!
With less than 4 weeks of school left the Charlton County 4-H Club is beginning to make plans to provide members a fun and exciting summer of trips and activities. But wait! We have some special programs available in the next few weeks.
Here is a partial list of the Summer Fun Programs being offered this summer.
1. Skating Party-May 31, 2018-4-6 PM at the Folkston Skating Rink-All 4-H students invited. Pizza & Skating for $10.00. Register by May 30th.
2. Cloverleaf Camp at Rock Eagle-June 4th through 8th-4th through 6th graders. We have 43 registered to go and still have room for a few more if you hurry and pay your $100 deposit. Archery, canoeing, swimming, snake class, talent show, the famous Rock Eagle Pageant and much more. Call today to register. Cost- $350.
3. Horse Camp-Newell Lodge in Folkston. June 12-15th from 8:00 AM until Noon. Cost $85.00. Spaces limited. Register by May 31st. Age 9 and up. Learn basics of riding, grooming, and equine nutrition.
4. Okefenokee Swamp Tour-Waycross, GA- June 18th. Cost $25.00 Learn about the Swamp and some history also. Enjoy a train ride. Times will be announced closer to event. You will need a sack lunch.
5. State 4-H Council-Rock Eagle 4-H Center-June 22-24. Limited to 9-12th grade. Weekend of games, workshops, election of State 4-H Board members and much more. Cost $20. Register by June 8th.
6. Livestock Judging Camp-June 26-28th in Athens. Learn all about judging livestockfrom some of UGA's collegiate livestock judging team and state specialist. Register by May 18th. Cost $75. 6th -12th grade only.
7. Summer Waves-July 12-Jekyll Island-A day in the fun and sun. Float the lazy river or tackle the water slides. A great time for everyone. Cost $35. ($15 for entry to park and $20 for snacks and lunch inside the park.) Register by June 22nd.
8. Bowling Trip-Brunwick, GA-June 17th- Pizza and Bowling what fun. Cost- $15.00. Register by July 13th .
9. Historic Fort Clinch Tour- July 24th-- Fernandina Beach-A tour of the Fort which is situated on Florida's northernmost barriier island, Amelia Island. Then end the day with a round of putt-putt! Cost $15.00 register by July 13th. You will need a sack lunch.
How does that sound so far? There may be more to come. Call today (496-2040) to register for any of these fun events. Spaces are limited to some events.