Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Program
The purpose of the Master Gardener program is to train volunteers to complement, enhance, and support the educational efforts of the local UGA Extension office. As such, the Carroll County Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Program is a selective process. In order to be considered for the volunteer training program, you must fill out all forms and applications, submit a check for training fees (refundable if not selected) and complete an interview.
If selected to be a Master Gardener Extension Volunteer trainee, you will be required to complete a background check, attend all training classes and programs, and volunteer 50 hours within twelve months after graduation.
The next training program accepting applications will be in the fall 2019. For more information please contact our office at (770) 836-8546.
Ask A Master Gardener Articles
- Sunny Border Flowers
- Some Plants Just Will Not Behave
- Like It? Clone It
- Pruning Hydrangeas
- Pizza Gardens For Kids
- Get Up and Get Gardening
- Breaking Up and Starting Over
- Does Your Garden Make Scents?
- Where Do I Start With My Planting Beds?
- DIY Landscaping for your home
- All for the Love of Gardening
- Growing Roses in Georgia Clay Soils
- Georgia Gold Medal Plants for 2016
- A Dirty Lesson
- Apple Tree Pruning
- Finding Interest in the Winter Garden
- Gardening Activities Durning the Winter
- Gift Plants
- I Just Love Surprises! (Sometimes)
- Saving Gardening Money The Old Fashion Way
- The Effect of Spanish Moss & Mistletoe on Their Host Plants
- Angel & Devil Trumpets
- Becoming a Master Gardener
- Bog Gardens
- Christmas Plants: Facts & Myths
- Fairy Gardens
- Fall Gardening
- Florida or Yellow Anise
- Flowering Annuals For Shade
- Forcing Bulbs
- Gift Plants Which Will Transition to the Garden
- Glorious Lillies
- Growing Garlic
- In The Nick of Time
- Killer Tomatoes vs Tomato Killers
- Lawn Burweed
- Native Buckeye
- Planting Perennials
- Plants for Fall Color
- Rain Gardens
- Start at the Beginning
- Straw Bale Garden
- Summer Slump
- When should we prune crape myrtle and azaleas?
- Where Can I Find Lenten Roses?
- Why Is My Clematis Dying?
- Choosing Holiday Beauties
- Decorating Naturally for Christmas
- Dirt or Soil?
- Do Sunflower Seed Hulls Harm Other Plants?
- Fall Planning & Planting
- Growing Brussels Sprouts
- Let The Fall Clean Up Begin!
- Out of My Mind, or The Odd Gardener.
- Pawpaws & Persimmons
- The Junior Master Gardener Program