Become a GA 4-H Volunteer! Check out the many ways you can make an impact on 4-H'ers in Bulloch County.
2018 Volunteer Needs: We are currently looking to fill chaperone spaces for the following 4-H events. For all events, the volunteer must by screened and pass online risk management training. For more information, contact Susannah.
- Volunteer Leaders Association: The Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair is just a few weeks away and we are beginning to plan for the Bulloch County 4-H Volunteer Leaders Association Food Booth. If you are interested in serving this association, please make plans to attend the meeting on Thursday, August 30 @ 6 pm @ the Bulloch County 4-H office. Please contact Susannah Lanier if you plan to attend.
- Junior/Senior Meeting Hosts: At each monthly meeting, we need individuals to help donate or prepare food, assist with set-up, etc. The dates of these meetings will be announced in enough time for preparations to be made.
- Food Showcase Chaperone: We will need an individual to transport and chaperone Bulloch County 4-H'ers to Rock Eagle to participate in Food Showcase. This will be approximately 36 hours from Friday September 7 - Saturday September 8. The volunteer for this event must be screened and pass online Risk Management Training.
- Volunteer Conference of Southern States: The National 4-H Volunteer Conference is a great event for 4-H volunteers, and features hands-on learning and development through workshops and speakers. The dates for the conference are September 27-30 at Rock Eagle. Registration must be completed by September 14. The cost to attend is $325 and as a valued Bulloch County volunteer, we will pay 1/2 of your registration!
- Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair Food Booth Volunteer: The dates of the 2018 Fair are October 15 - 20. Volunteers may choose to work on a night that is convenient, for as long as is convenient. More information will be available closer to the fair dates.
- Junior Conference Chaperone: Junior Conference will be November 3-4 (Saturday and Sunday) at Rock Eagle. 4-H'ers in 7th and 8th grade attend Junior Conference. Volunteers are required to be screened and pass the online Risk Management Training.