Cloverleaf Project Achievement
4-H’ers are encouraged to complete a speech with at least three posters on any topic they choose. The 4-H’ers will give a demonstration in the classroom and at the district event called District Project Achievement. At the Cloverleaf level (5th & 6th grade), D.P.A. is a one-day event in Alma, Ga.
1. Pick a project from the list.
2. Pick a topic within your project. Look for something that interests you. For example: Project: Archaeology/Topic: Mummies
3. Develop your presentation (demonstration). Try to narrow your subject to one main idea.
4. Use an outline to help you organize your presentation and make a supply list.
2. Body of the demonstration
5. Write out your presentation and put on index cards.
6. Prepare your visual aids (posters, props, PowerPoint, etc.)
7. Practice your demonstration: take a deep breath and begin with a smile.
Cloverleaf DPA will be held on March 24, 2018 in Alma, GA.
Junior-Senior Project Achievement
As a Junior & Senior 4-H member, project achievement becomes a two-fold project. You will pick a topic that you enjoy and want to share with other people. You prepare a presentation related to that topic. The second part is a resume of all your activities throughout the year from January – December including project work, 4-H, school, work, and community activities. It gives you resume building and public speaking skills and provides an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and citizen skills. You earn a free trip to Rock Eagle 4-H Center with fun, games, and dances with your 4-H friends. If you place first at the Senior level, you will receive a free trip to State Congress in Atlanta during the summer, to compete on the state level.
Be on the lookout for competiton dates, practices, and work days!
Contact the Brantley Extension Office at 912-462-5783 for more information.