1.To develop proper skills in horsemanship and knowledge in equine science regarding:Health Care
- Hoof Care and Treatment
- Horse Safety
- Grooming of the Horse
- Riding Equipment
- Riding Disciplines
- Horse Evaluation
2. To develop an awareness of other 4-H activities and projects and to encourage participation in the wide range of 4-H activities and opportunities.
3.To develop well rounded young adults that have the ability to work well with others.
New for the 2015-2016 Club Year!
- Business Meetings will be held at Grove River Ranch in Gillsville, GA on the first Thursday of the month beginning at 6:00 PM. Immediately following the meeting will be a riding lesson for riding members.
- There are two type of memberships: Regular Membership ($10) and Riding Membership ($95). Only Riding Members can participate in the riding lesson after the meeting. Dues are paid on a yearly basis and are due by the October meeting.
- Grove River Ranch will provide the horses/equipment used for the riding programs.
- Members are not required to own horses. If a member does have a horse they will be allowed to use the Grove River Ranch facility after the meeting or riding program for $10 per visit.
- Members will be able to complete the Georgia 4-H Novice Horseman level during the year. If the Novice has already been completed then the member can move on to Intermediate then Master levels.
Horseman Project Manuals
Georgia 4-H Novice Horseman
Georgia 4-H Intermediate Horseman
Georgia 4-H Master Horseman