The principal objective of the Georgia Beef Challenge program is to provide information to beef producers they can use in managing and marketing their product. The program will provide cow-calf producers information on feedlot performance, average daily gain and carcass data on one or more steers/heifers entered. This information can be used by the producer to change breeding and management programs or as a basis for change in a producer's marketing program. Producers may use data obtained from participation with high performing steers as a tool in selling their cattle.
For more information, visit the program website.Visit Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a number of educational opportunities, testing services, and consultation for farmers, growers, and landscapers.
- Beef Cattle Short Courses
- Bull and Heifer Evaluation and Reproductive Development (HERD) Program
- GrassMasters Program
- Lab Testing and Analysis Services
- Master Cattlemen's Program
- Master Goat Farmer
- On-Site and Telephone Consultation
- Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Poultry Conferences and Workshops
- Production Meetings
- Sports Turfgrass Management Certificate