Starting a New Food Business in Georgia is a two-day workshop for food entrepreneurs taught by UGA Extension specialists, the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and FDA personnel. The program provides participants a solid background on the federal and state regulations for operating a food business, what you should know about safe processing and product testing, and an opportunity to talk with other specialty food business entrepreneurs.
For more information, visit the program website.Extension Food Science Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a variety of food-related programs and services for the home and small business.
- Better Process Control School
- Food Safety for Civic Groups & Churches
- Food Safety for Concession Stands
- HACCP Certification Short Course for Meat & Poultry
- Home Food Preservation Classes
- Nutrition Facts Panel
- Process Approval for Food Products
- Product Classification
- ServSafe® Training