We provide Georgia's foodservice industry with food safety training using the National and Georgia Restaurant Associations ServSafe® program. The University of Georgia Cooperative Extension has approximately 25 county-based educators in Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) who teach area ServSafe® workshops in various locations throughout the state. These Extension agents are members of the University's public service faculty and have obtained ServSafe® food protection manager certification and certified instructor status. Extension has been offering ServSafe® manager and employee certification programs throughout the state since 1997.
This program is offered through county Extension offices in Georgia. Contact your local office to see about availability in your county.Contact Your County Office
For general information about this program, visit the website.Visit Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a variety of food-related programs and services for the home and small business.
- Better Process Control School
- Food Safety for Civic Groups & Churches
- Food Safety for Concession Stands
- HACCP Certification Short Course for Meat & Poultry
- Home Food Preservation Classes
- Nutrition Facts Panel
- Process Approval for Food Products
- Product Classification
- Starting a New Food Business in Georgia