WHAT: One-day workshop for produce growers. Training covers the curriculum made by Produce Safety Alliance and meets requirements of the Produce Safety Rule under Food Safety Modernization Act. Course will provide a foundation of Good Agricultural Practices, Produce Safety Rule requirements, and how to develop a farm food safety plan. Those who take this course will gain an understanding of:
• Rules in the FSMA Produce Safety Rule
• Microorganisms relevant to produce safety
• How to identify microbial risks, reduce risks, and begin implementing produce safety practices
• Parts of a farm food safety plan and how to write one
WHO: Growers who grow, pack, harvest, or hold covered produce, make over $25,000 in annual sales, and do not qualify for a Produce Safety Rule exemption are required to attend this training. Larger operations ($500,000+ in annual sales) must comply with the Produce Safety Rule by Jan 2018.
For more information, see the event website: Registration
- 40 E Plant Ave.
- Homerville, GA 31634
- Homerville Train Depot
- Get Directions
- Register online or by calling Clinch County Extension at 912-487-2169 Registration Link:
- Free parking
- Cost: $10 to cover lunch