There are as many different ideas about favorite crops, plants, and flowers as there are farmers and gardeners, but everyone can agree on at least one thing: weeds are no fun! Whether they're crowding out your perennials or getting in the way of healthy forage, weeds present an ongoing challenge for anyone who wants to grow anything.
This section provides advice on controlling and preventing common weeds like crabgrass, pigweed, henbit, and chickweed to help commercial farmers and home gardeners have the most trouble-free growing seasons possible.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Weed Control
- Weed Wizard: Controlling Florida Betony in the Landscape
- Annual Bluegrass Control in Residential Turfgrass
- Weed Wizard: Weed Control in Iris
- Weed Wizard: Controlling Nutsedge
- Weed Control in Home Lawns
- Controlling Poison Ivy in the Landscape
- Mulberry Weed: Identification and Control
- Weed Control in Liriope and Mondo Grass
- Controlling Greenbrier
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and enviromental sciences.
- Adding mulch to vegetable plants increases yields, saves water
- Keep garden rows wide enough to cultivate, narrow enough to shadow out weeds
- UGA manual helps businesses, homeowners fight pests
- Chuck Bargeron named to Invasive Species Advisory Committee
- One man's wild flower is another man's weed
- UGA scientist tracks kudzu bug back to Japan
- UGA expert to discuss pond management at Sept. 20 field day
- Cut and spray to control tough, weedy vines like poison ivy and greenbrier
- Kudzu vine key to kudzu bug's survival
- One man's weed is another man's flower
- Control of Common Winter Weeds
Identifies and describes weeds active in lawns in the winter.
- Control Winter Weeds in October!
Information about preventing winter weeds before they emerge.
- Forrest Weed Control
Weed control recommendations for forests.
- Invasive and Exotic Plants
Lists of noxious weeds in North America.
- Weeds for Pasture and Hay?
Discusses management and possible value of weeds as forage for livestock.
- Weeds Gone Wild
Provides lists and descriptions of invasive plants, as well as management suggestions and contact information.