Pests of Humans
Pests of humans and our environments come in all shapes and sizes, from the tiny louse to the common rat. This page provides resources to keep people and their homes safe from the pests that prey on them, and to help create clean and healthy human environments. Larger pests such as raccoons, deer, and armadillos are discussed on the Nuisance Animal page of this section.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Management of Pest Insects In and Around the Home
- Chipmunk Control
- Repellents and Wildlife Damage Control
- Protect Yourself from Ticks
- Poisonous Plants in the Landscape
- Stinging and Biting Pests
- Biology of Subterranean Termites in the Eastern United States
- Biology and Management of Carpenter Ants
- Managing Imported Fire Ants in Urban Areas
- Termite Control Services: Information for the Georgia Property Owner
- Identifying the Formosan Subterranean Termite
- La Biología de Termitas Subterráneas del Este de los Estados Unidos
- Millipedes and Centipedes
- Carpenter Ants
- Stored Product Pests in the Home
- Argentine Ants
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and enviromental sciences.
- Understanding insect melanin crucial to developing better insect control practices
- The cool spring has kept mosquitoes at bay, but watch out this summer
- Cut down on moisture, debris around your home to help keep termites away
- Kudzu bugs wake up, cover houses, pester homeowners
- Most ground-nesting bees are useful pollinators
- UGA manual helps businesses, homeowners fight pests
- Chuck Bargeron named to Invasive Species Advisory Committee
- UGA scientist tracks kudzu bug back to Japan
- UGA team wins national title in insect knowledge competition
- Spider population abundant, visible this fall
Cooperative Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- Urban Pest Management Program-Griffin
Training, certification and detailed information on termites and other pests.