Pests of Animals
The state's animal industries contend with a variety of pests. Parasites and diseases like blackhead, coccidiosis, and mastitis are only some of the challenges faced by producers in Georgia. Here, Extension offers publications and other resources to help Georgia farmers and ranchers prevent and cope with pests of animals.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Georgia Pest Management Handbook — Commercial Edition
- Nitrate Toxicity
- Managing Endometritis in the Dairy Herd
- Control of Mastitis and Milk Quality in Dairy Goats through Immunization
- Managing Mastitis through Proper Dry-Off Procedures
- Selenium in Georgia Soils and Forages: Importance in the Livestock Industry
- Managing Mastitis in Dairy Heifers to Improve Overall Herd Health
- Georgia Pest Management Handbook—Home and Garden Edition
- Vaccine Handling: Producer Tips for Chuteside Success
- Protect Yourself from Ticks
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- UGA Entomology helps lead effort to digitize North America's butterfly and moth collections
- Cordele-area farmers invited to safely discard unused pesticides at Sept. 30 event
- UGA scientist Kris Braman named head of university's entomology department
- Cattle drinking from farm ponds can hurt livestock, fish and shoreline
- UGA Extension prepares poultry producers for worst case scenario of avian influenza outbreak
- UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences hires Purdue University researcher to head Department of Poultry Science
- Avian influenza outbreak is concern for poultry industry, not general public, UGA poultry expert says
- UGA pest control training facility expands to teach bed bug control and more
- Georgia drivers be on the lookout for deer in roadways this fall during breeding season
- Avian influenza: Georgia poultry safe to eat, but eggs, turkeys to cost more
- Catfish Inventory Losses
Explains catfish losses from winter, disease, and size constraints and recommends some ways to increase production.
- Mad Cow Disease Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy
Provides answers to questions about the disease from beef consumers.
- Widely Prevalent Viruses of the United States
Lists Georgia viruses by scientific and common name.