UGA has assembled a team of scientists dedicated to providing the latest technology and information for efficient, profitable production of some of Georgia's valuable winter and summer grain crops, including sorghum, pearl millet, wheat, rye, oats, triticale, corn, and barley.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Southern Small Grains Resource Management Handbook
- 2012 Soybean, Sorghum Grain and Silage, and Summer Annual Forages Performance Tests
- 2009 Soybean, Sorghum Grain and Silage, Summer Annual Forages and Sunflower Performance Tests
- Feeding Sprouted Wheat to Cattle
- Managing Wild Radish in Wheat
- 2011-2012 Georgia Small Grains Performance Tests
- 2009-2009 Georgia Small Grain Performance Tests
- Production Costs vs. Feeding Value of Forages
- Stripe Rust (Yellow Rust) of Wheat
- Grain Sorghum: Harvesting, Drying and Storing
- Grain and Soybean Drying on Georgia Farms
- Measuring Field Losses from Grain Combines
- Pearl Millet for Grain
- Sorghum Insect Pests and Their Management
- Aerating Grain in Storage
- 2011 Soybean, Sorghum Grain and Silage, and Summer Annual Forages Performance Tests
- 2010-2011 Georgia Small Grain Performance Tests
- 2000 Soybean, Sorghum Grain and Silage, Grain Millet, Sunflower, and Summer Annual Forages Performance Tests
- 1999 Soybean, Sorghum Grain and Silage, Grain Millet, and Summer Annual Forages Performance Tests
- 1999-2000 Small Grains Performance Tests
- 2001 Soybean, Sorghum Grain and Silage, Grain Millet, and Summer Annual Forages Performance Tests
- 2000-2001 Small Grains Performance Tests
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and enviromental sciences.
- UGA event highlights weather fighting tools for farmers
- UGA trained guard unit returns home from Afganistan
- Midwest drought costs Georgia poultry producers big bucks
- Pest presents major obstacle to farming Southern peas in Georgia
- Georgia Guardsmen return to UGA to present base flag
- UGA scientist Andy Paterson named Regents Professor
- Weather dampens Sunbelt Expo
- Farmers eye plump crop prices next year
- UGA researcher looking to develop perennial sorghum
- Spring weather gives Georgia corn, cotton crops a boost
- Georgia Grains
Information related to the production, storage and use of corn, sorghum, pearl millet, wheat, rye, oats, triticale and barley.
- Impact Statements: Grains
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge and practices related to grains.
- Small Grain Cultural Practices
Overview of small grain cultural practices that covers fertilization, planting, pest control, and varieties.
Suite of services for the Triticeae and Oat communities, including databases, documents, tools, data files, web sites, announcements, curation, and community assistance.
- National Association of Wheat Growers
NAWG unites U.S. wheat growers to create beneficial policies for wheat growers; effective relationships with industry; and profitable opportunities through research and technology.
- National Corn Growers Association
NCGA site featuring media, public policy references, contact information, organizational information, and coverage of key issues.
- National Feed and Grain Association
Non-profit trade association that represents and provides services for grain, feed and related commercial businesses. Site includes membership information, coverage of news and issues, trade rules and arbitration, a learning center, and related links.
- U.S. Grains Council
The Council develops export markets for U.S. barley, corn, grain sorghum and related products.